Our thanksgiving:) Turkey sandwiches with pie and vegetables. And pizza in the evening with a member family. Ha. I was full, but it was the littlest amount of food I've ever eaten on Thanksgiving. The part that really mattered were the seven lessons we were blessed to teach that day:) Francisco, a recent convert, is happy as ever and can't stop talking about how he tries to share his belief in God with his friends at work. Marietta has been going to the Relief Society activities and finally invited us to her house to teach her. We went with a Sonia Cancino (who visited you in Utah!) and Marietta asked the perfect questions: Where did we come from? Why are we here in the earth? Where will we go when we die? I'm so grateful to know of the plan of salvation. I love teaching it to those who don't know. It's so simple and perfect! I think it surprises people when they realize that we, young women in a strange land, are so sure of the simple answers we can offer them.:) Also, Daniza approached us on the street one night last week and said, "Something inside tells me that I need to talk to you two. Call me so you can visit me." This week she came to the Relief Society activity and we taught her two times, calming her broken heart by teaching her of the healing power of Christ's Atonement. She came to church yesterday, too! In my email for the blog I talk more about Jimena's miraculous baptism yesterday.
We're working and praying hard to help our ward meet the goal of 12 baptisms this year. Counting Jimena we have 9. It's a miracle, because for the last two years, Ñuñoa 1 didn't have any baptisms at all. And like a wave, this year we've had 9! But it's not the number that counts, it's the people. And we have this goal to help us stay motivated and really do our best to bring souls unto Christ. In this final month it will be a complete miracle if three more people enter into the waters of baptism in this ward. The more specific our prayers, the more easily we can see the Lord's love and His answers. Can I ask you and the family to pray this month?for Valentina (Jimena's daughter, who said she will be baptized, she just doesn't know when), Daniza (who needs to be healed by the Atonement) and Silvana (an investigator of the other sisters in our ward, who's husband is a member and she is so close to baptism but just doesn't want to take that step).
Alma 6:6
We believe in miracles! Heavenly Father wants to bless us with them if we just have the faith and the actions to bring them about!
This was our Thanksgiving Dinner!!!!!!
With Daniela, Jimena's daughter. She's wonderfully sweet and caring! Reminds me of my little sister, only a bit shorter:)
No comments:
Post a Comment