Friday, March 8, 2013

3 days More('til Santiago


Hol-a-dios!
 
Much news today. First, since Sunday I have been acting as our zone Coordinating Sister. I accompany the two zone leaders to meetings and Orientations for the newbies that came in this week. Why, you ask, do they allow one Sister to leave her companion in order to go along with the zone leaders? Because, as one Elder put it, "It takes 2 Elders to do the work of 1 Sister." The Elders also cannot enter Sister residence halls, so I am blessed with the responsibility to visit 4 rooms each night and check up on the sisters in my zone. They are all so smiley and kind.
 
Second, lots of teaching is going on. One of our 'fake' investigators challenged us on the validity of the Book of Mormon, and Hermana Chiou and I were stumped on how to explain to Ivelisse that the BOM is of God. She wouldn't accept logical answers. Finally, the Spirit whispered to me to tesitfy, and I shed tears when I said, "Ivelisse, no me importa los hechos, yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero. Y es lo mas importante libro en todo el mundo." I wanted so badly for her to know the truth, and to accept the truth despite tiny, human errors she claimed to have found.  Later, I flipped to a page in my notebook where I had written a thought I had before that teaching appointment, and I had written, "You know enough, Hermana Sharp." In the moment when logical explanation and scriptural references escaped my mind, I still knew enough. And that--my testimony that the Book of Mormon is true and vital to our conversion--is all I needed to know.
 
Third, my companion and I escaped the MTC. Field trip! But it was authorized...I went to the periodontist in Provo for a final checkup and he said my mouth is healing all well and dandy. While Hna. Chiou and I waited for the van to pick us back up from the office, passerbys looked at us funny. Huh? Oh yeah, we have name badges now. A seven year old girl smiled so big when she saw us missionaries and shook our hands, telling us that she's going to go on a mission one day, too! I'm glad she's preparing now; there is so much I still need to learn. For those of you prepping to serve, study study study Preach My Gospel. There's not much time to focus on it because the MTC has so many other jewels to teach you. So study and be sure you can get yourself ready in the morning in less than 30 minutes.
 
 
Finally, travel plans: I'm leaving the MTC this coming Monday at 10 am! It's here, or almost. Other missionaries going to Concepcion (from my district) have the same 16 hour flight. Any guesses on how many people I'll committ to baptism while I'm en route?:) I love you.
 
Hasta Luego,
Hermana Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment