Querida familia mia,
The MTC: I love it! Hermana Chiou and I have taught one 10-minute lesson already to our teacher, and every time I speak in Spanish, I thank my Mom for making me take Spanish classes begining in 8th grade. And I thank the Spirit for putting (the correct) words in my mouth. And then I smile a lot because I am so blessed!
Logistics: I had no need to fear the showers, nor the small residence rooms, they're just fine. The cafeteria=threatening, but my inability to each crunchy/chewy food has kept me from downing all the delicious items on display. This is why the surgery on my gums, by which I was devastated a week ago, is now a blessing in my life. Exercise for an hour each day= beautiful. Prayers=power. We pray all the time, and I have to remember that we're not just saying words but that Heavenly Father really is listening to us. I have to make sure I'm praying sincerely with real intent, because that is when the peace and answers come (Moroni 10:3-4 I think.) Though we only seen the sun for a total of probably 30 minutes a day, we see the Light of Christ all the time.
Stories: First sister I met when walking into the MTC was also named Hermana Sharp. What a comforting blessing that I made a friend right away. Also, my lovely companion is half Taiwanese and looks like Alicia:) I've seen Elder Heumann, Sis. Ashley Wood, Sis Taylor Johnson, and others from high school and my BYU wards (Elder Dominguez from HHS is my Zone Leader--Que tal!)...Okay, I don't have many more stories. I just love to study; but you already know that.
I love you. Heavenly Father loves you. Jesus Christ lives and loves you.:)
Hasta Luego,
Hermana Sharp
No comments:
Post a Comment