Sunday, April 14, 2013

Confie Confie Confie Confie!


This week felt like Christmas but better--I love General Conference more than any other time of the year. The Spirit inspired me to listen to Conference on behalf of our investigators. Sacrificing this opportunity for personal revelation brought blessings that are visible on the 6 pages of notes I took (that´s not to say I didn´t recieve personal direction as well--only that I tried to focus outward instead of inward). These notes contain messages and teaching ideas for each person we are working with. My desire and direction has increased exponentially, for now I have specific revelation as to how to act as the Lord´s hands in our sector. As I have shared these notes with Hermana Camargo, I am amazed how similar or complementary our ideas are. My testimony of the importance of the Spirit in our companionship is growing right alongside my testimony of the living prophet and apostles. 
Two of our investigators watched all sessions of Conference--Yay!! 

We are extremely grateful for the fruits that are finally appearing after our weeks of sewing. We have five pretty solid investigators. And I'm seeing how vital members are in missionary work. Recently we've taught two families with the help of two member families, and the  friendship and support of the members has accelerated our investigators' progress more than I ever believed possible.  We pray for and anticipate many baptisms in the coming month. With Elder Holland's message in mind, that all things are possible to him that believeth, I go foward with faith. 

I am excited for Hermana Camargo´s assignment as Training Leader. It means that I'll sporadically be leading in my sector during her exchanges. While this frightens me a bit, I know that faith can overcome fear, and I am grateful for the opportunity to prepare more realistically to train in six weeks (because 50 Hermanas are on their way next transfer and practically every sister will be training.) 

This week I've pondered the connection between the commitment people have to their work or hobbies or whatnot and their commitment to God, to the gospel. What are you committed to? Why? Is your commitment to the Lord the strongest, and if not, how are you going to turn more fully to Christ this week? 

Hope on; Journey on.

Hermana Sharp

P.S. I meant to write to my friends at BYU today, then realized that the addresses I have will be invalid by the time the letters would arrive...Good luck with finals dear ones!!! 
P.P.S. In other news, we traveled to the center of the city twice this week to get Hermana Camargo's visa. Wow big city! I found myself thinking "I want to travel the world!" and then realized that I AM traveling the world (kinda) and I should absorb every moment I am here. Live in the moment. Also, in an office there we met Norma, who approached us and pleaded for comfort because her 16 year old son was killed two months ago...People really need this gospel. Please help the Lord share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment