My vision of the mission has been hightened thanks to the three training meetings this week and my first CVC. There are only 6 missions in the world with CVC, a new program of tours of the chapel. It's not a common thing that we get to do, but this Sunday we were assigned to go to another ward and help guide tours during all of Sunday evening. We had a cardboard cutout of the Christus, posters with info about the chuch, Elders dressed in white near the baptismal font, members to present the auxiliary organizations, and refreshments. Our first group was of 20 people!! Hna. Hunter and I literally felt the gift of tongues guiding us even as we guided the group. It was a powerful experience. I felt like a Temple Square Sister, ha.
As Elder Potter said, "The Lord knows how to run His Church and do His work." It's easy to see that He is pressuring the spreading of the gospel, and I am excited by the endless tools we have to carry it out. We have begun focusing our efforts on completing part-member families and introducing genealogy to our converts, less-actives, and investigators. These have proven to be difficult tasks, but surely the Lord will help us accomplish what He has asked of us.
I'm happy to report that my personal determination and courage to contact people on the bus or metro has improved. Especially on preparation day. We went to Puente Alto to bowl (groovy) and Hna. Hunter reminded me to act on opportunities to contact. The Spirit repeatedly poked me to talk to the young girl with headphones, Constanza, on the metro. I took up my courage and sat by her. She was happy to have someone to talk to, and we gave her a Book of Mormon. I love it when people are so grateful for the gift of a special book. We had to change trains, and there talked to a young mom who teaches English. I think she was tickled pink to be speaking with real live Americans. These experiences reminded me that I really am surrounded by my brothers and sisters. I need not fear, only love.
I'm happy to report that my personal determination and courage to contact people on the bus or metro has improved. Especially on preparation day. We went to Puente Alto to bowl (groovy) and Hna. Hunter reminded me to act on opportunities to contact. The Spirit repeatedly poked me to talk to the young girl with headphones, Constanza, on the metro. I took up my courage and sat by her. She was happy to have someone to talk to, and we gave her a Book of Mormon. I love it when people are so grateful for the gift of a special book. We had to change trains, and there talked to a young mom who teaches English. I think she was tickled pink to be speaking with real live Americans. These experiences reminded me that I really am surrounded by my brothers and sisters. I need not fear, only love.
I felt an overwhelming love for the Chilean members here when we attended the stake activity this Saturday. The 18th of September is Chilean Independence, so at the activity we ate all sorts of Chilean food. Google: churipan, mote, empanadas, anticucho, and sopaipillas. It's all delicious. My favorite, though, was watching the traditional dancing--La Cueca. YouTube it:) And Pascuense from the Easter Islands.
Finally, top off all those miracles which we witnessed this week...Rodrigo was baptized last Sunday. We did all we could to contact him to ensure that he would be in church this Sunday to receive the Holy Ghost, but he was no where to be found. Wasn't home, didn't answer his phone. The sacrament was blessed, passed, and he still had not arrived. We prayed silently, and eventually had to place Rodrigo in the hands of the Lord. The doors opened at the end of the sacrament, three families entered...and what do you know Rodrigo was following the end of the parade. No greater relief has ever swept over my soul as in that moment. He was immediately confirmed and returned to the pews with an eternal smile.
Pues, "no puedo escribir ni la centésima parte de las cosas" de la semana, pero me fue "preciosa,"
Finally, top off all those miracles which we witnessed this week...Rodrigo was baptized last Sunday. We did all we could to contact him to ensure that he would be in church this Sunday to receive the Holy Ghost, but he was no where to be found. Wasn't home, didn't answer his phone. The sacrament was blessed, passed, and he still had not arrived. We prayed silently, and eventually had to place Rodrigo in the hands of the Lord. The doors opened at the end of the sacrament, three families entered...and what do you know Rodrigo was following the end of the parade. No greater relief has ever swept over my soul as in that moment. He was immediately confirmed and returned to the pews with an eternal smile.
Pues, "no puedo escribir ni la centésima parte de las cosas" de la semana, pero me fue "preciosa,"
Hna. Sharp
No comments:
Post a Comment