Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sleep-preaching


I eat, dream, and breathe the mission. Hna. Adams told me that one night I talked in my sleep saying (in Spanish) "Do you have a referral for us?!" And another night: "Hola, buenas tardes:)" 

Miracles in 3 sentences or less:

-Rodrigo (who will be baptized this Sunday) called us in his broken English: "I am upset with you...becuase you are not here. Come teach me the word of God."
-Jimena's blinding eye operation did not keep her from coming to church! 
-President helped me see how much I have grown in our one-on-one interview. 
-The Lord qualified who He called: I went on my first exchange as a leader, but learned more from Hna. Braun than I think she learned from me. 
-It was inevitable--I was asked to speak in sacrament. The most powerful message I could have given was that of the Restoration, so I taught that which I teach everyday and halfway through I realized it was flowing so easily that I didn't know if I was speaking in Spanish or in English. 
-Diego was astounded by the Plan of Salvation, and has a hard time giving up his 15 years of 7th Day Adventist beliefs. But he wants to know the truth. And visit the Salt Lake Temple:) 
-Tomorrow I will have officially completed 6 months in my mission. That's a miracle in and of itself! 

The weather here feels like spring, although we technically have another month of winter. 
Hna Hunter and I thought we had allergies at the begining of the week, but it was a 24 hr cold for me and it's a little worse for her. So our energy has been low-ish, but we're still doing our best! I finally got my camera working so I'll spend more time loading pictures. Pictures are more fun than words, right? Best of all you'll be able to see how much the members love us, because they feed us really (too) well. 

I know the Church is true. The Book of Mormon contains the word of God, as does the Bible. And Joseph Smith was a prophet.There is no doubt in my heart or mind. :) Love you all!

Chaoi for now!
Hermana Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment