Saturday, March 1, 2014

Feliz Valentine's



Happy Valentine's day! I decided it's my favorite holiday. Last monday we dipped a few strawberries in chocolate, and today I made a pink cake with pink coconut on top:) Yaaaaayyyy for Tyler and Han!!! Yay!:) No, we don't have aircon, nor heating, but it's not too bad. The days are starting to cool down a bit. I think I told tara that my favorite food was Pastel de Choclo (with meat on the bottom and ground corn on top..look for it on google.) Once again your quotes of the week are exactly right:) Thanks, mom!

Mom,
I've been dying to tell you!
I always had to ask my companion, Hna. Urzagaste, to repeat what she said--I thought it was just because she talks really quiet. But this past week she helped me realize that I ask everyone, "What? What did you say?" So I decided that maybe I had buildup in my ears, and made a doctor's appointment to get them cleaned out. When we went to the doctor he told me, "Your ears are perfectly clean!" But, why can't I hear what people are telling me? I said. He did a hearing test, and
....yes, he said that I definitely have a bit of hearing loss. (I blame the year of noisy city streets!) Nooooo!!!! I have to go the ear doctor soon, and we'll see if he says I should get hearing aids when I come home. 
(Great, I thought, first my eyes, then my teeth, now my ears. Everything is wearing away! I'm not that old, am I?) Haha, but I realize that I really am blessed with good health otherwise. Everything will be okay, just that that was exciting news this week 


Preach My Gospel ought to have a section labeled, "How do I beat off the dog that's attacking my companion?" 

In Macul we finally had a ward activity! Put on by the Obra Misional, our Movie Night brought about fifteen members, and three of those brought investigator friends. We expect to have even a bigger turnout for the next activity in May.

The doctor told me this week that I definitely have hearing loss...He chuckled because never had he seen such a problem in young missionaries. I was shocked at first, but realized that this is part of God's plan for me. So it's okay. 

Exerpts from my journal:
"I realized that is when we live for and by the Spirit that we can bring to pass extraordinary things. Pray with faith and it shall be given you."

"Betty is reading the Book of Mormon at night instead of watching soap operas! That's a powerful book!"

"Part of Christ's healing is that He helps us move on after feeling something painful. With an eternal perspective we can live and let go." 

"I've got to really rejoice in the truthfulness of the Gospel and love my brothers and sisters to the point that sharing it with them becomes natural, easy, a treasure....I'm here because I love my God and I love my neighbors."

"In the end...this work is tiring and stressful, but it's true and I love it more than any other pursuit."


Love,
Sister Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment