The new Hna. in our apartment has David Archuleta's CD so we're all good there.:)
As for me, I´m getting better at teaching coherent lessons. I still have trouble organizing ideas in my head, but in the end I just have to say what the Spirit tells me to. I realized I eat when I´m nervous or anxious so I have to work on not doing that.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA WANDA!!!! I will miss it by one day next week. I LOVE YOU!!! Save some cake for me.
Something we´re taught to do--as missionaries and as members--is let the Holy Spirit guide. Easier said than done, but the results are often obvious.
Each night we spend 30-40 minutes planning what we´re going to do the next day. This week practically all of our plans changed, and they changed for the better.
Tuesday: Found out Francisco was free from work in the afternoon, so we took advantage of the opportunity to take him on a tour of the temple. He has a way of saying what needs to be said and no more, and at the end of the tour he commented, "This won´t be the last time I come to the temple."
Wednesday: Stricken with "no-bathroom-in-sight" syndrome, we painfully walked for an hour to an investigator´s apartment. She wasn´t home. Ah! Prompting to go instead to a less-active member´s house and ask to use the bathroom. Once there, they so kindly gave us dinner as well, and we were able to teach the daughter, who when we first arrived in this ward refused to listen to our message. Mini-miracle.:)
Thursday: Referrals from members lead to much more success than knocking doors, but we recieve few. Hna. Johansson advised us to pray for referrals, and boy what a difference it has made. Just two hours after we prayed for said blessing, the family who gave us lunch this day gave us the name of their barber who had expressed interest in the Church. Prayer is powerful! "Ask and ye shall receive," this I know is a true promise.
Also, we hadn´t panned to visit Herminia (a contact weeks ago), but we passed her house by chance and she had time to let us in. Her nephew is a bishop in another ward. She recounted a dream she had had--she described being in heaven, I think--and knows baptism is a important, serious step in her life. She´s been looking for the true church all her life, belives this to be the one, and will be baptized. Just, she didn´t accept a specific date. A special daughter of God, indeed. So docile and precious. We talked softly and slowly as we taught because her demeanor was that way.
Friday: Nora still says she'll never be a Mormon, although she was baptized four years ago. But she didn't smoke during the lesson this time, and she is quick to say that each time we come she feels peaceful, happier. :)
Sunday: Francisco came to church for the first time! Yes! And the members were so great in befriending him right away. Member support is key in the conversion process. If the investigators don´t feel welcome, noticed, helped in the Church they´re not going to want to join. I wish I had known, when I was in my home ward, that the people the missionaries bring to church are in desperate need of the Gospel, and as members we have the duty to share this blessing with them. Help them understand; they are your brothers and sisters:)
Miracles continue. I wish I could write them all.
Today I completed 3 months in the mission. Still loving it!
Hermana Sharp
P.S. Mindee-After-Midnight has a new name: The Sharp Syndrome, and it happens at every 9:30 when we make our way home. Giggles come out, I crack jokes as best I can in Spanish, and all the fatigue from the day is washed away.
No comments:
Post a Comment