This week the reality of miracles and of the devil were made very apparent to me. Not only did two hardened, less-active sisters finally allow us into their homes, but we also set our first baptismal date!!
But immediately following Guillermo's acceptance to be baptized on May 12th, I felt the adversary throwing his shafts in the whirlwind at me. My testimony of fervent prayer and "clinging to the rod" increased as I did all I could to resist the darkness of the devil... This war is real, and I am grateful to be part of God's army. Stay strong and true, my beloved family and friends.
Now I feel stronger and even more driven to bring the light of the gospel of Christ to all in Ñuñoa.
We found two binders in our apartment with hundreds of names to contact; as we continue finding more investigatores and teaching those that we have, I know this ward will flourish with the fruit of our work.
I learned what hope is: Hope is the drive to continue doing what is right, having faith that blessings will come. They may not be immediately apparent, but God will stay true to His word. For every commandment there is a promise. (D&C 82:10)
Missionaries everywhere thank you for your prayers. We need them, and our investigators need them more.
Love and Light,
Hermana Sharp
No comments:
Post a Comment