What a thrilling, drilling week! I think so many of our appointments fell through because Satan was angry that Guillermo was going to be baptized this Sunday. Though the week was rough, all went smoothly with baptism. I feel blessed to have been part of Guillermo's conversion story and to have experienced this fruit of our labor so early on in the mission.
Our abundance of investigators has dwindled to only a few toughies, but Fransicso is our wish upon a star. We met him in the subway--later found out that he was listening to gospel music in his headphones at the time--and taught him about the Restoration this Friday. He's 25, from the south of Chile, and lives and works in the police station. It seems that each lesson we have in the house of a member is more powerful than the last. Hermano Cancino's testimony of the prophet and eternal families excited my soul and Fransisco was on the edge of his seat as he heard for the first time the truths of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
"I've been praying to ask God if what I read in the pamphplet and the Book of Mormon is true, but I don't know how God answers prayers," he said. As we explained the uplifting fruits of the Spirit, his eyes lit up and he responded, "Yeah! These past two days since I met the missionaries I've felt happier, more excited to get up in the morning and do my work, and I don't feel so alone anymore." Wow:) At the end of the lesson, after he accepted the baptismal invitation, he said, "I had so many questions, but I didn't know how to ask them or where to find the answers. But now they've all been answered." The Spirit's presences testified to him and to me of the power of the Lord's omnipotence; He really does know each and every one of His children.
As this transfer finishes out I am pleased with the personal progress I have made, as well as the progress we have seen in the ward.
Hna. Camargo continues to push me to be my best--including helping me to improve my problem-solving, telephone-conversation, and cooking-in-Chile skills...I still have a long way to go, a lot more to learn, but she reminds me to not run faster than I have strength.
With faith in the promise of Ether 12:27,
Hermana Sharp
No comments:
Post a Comment