Saturday, July 20, 2013

I'm Senior Companion


To: WAYNE L SHARP
Picture of Mindee Sharp
First thing's first; I'm staying here in Ñuñoa, but Hna. Camargo is leaving:(  And I'm going to train a new missionary!!! Wow, I have only been here 3.5 months. But the Lord and President Wright trust me enough to carry the load of this sector AND teach another sister how to work in the mission field. Now I just have to trust that I have learned enough to be able to handle the responsibility. Deep breath... We've heard that 14 American sisters and only 4 Latina sisters are coming...so tomorrow I'll find out if my "daughter" speaks Spanish or not. Please pray that Heavenly Father will bless us with the gift of tongues! 

Second; Once again Francisco's baptism didn't happen. He had to work this Sunday and he found out Saturday night. :( Basically, the entire ward is waiting on the Sunday in which he will finally be free from the police station so that he can be freed from his sins and be baptized!

Third: A miracle happened Wednesday night; After 20 rough days of not seeing Jimena and her daughters, I felt like I should call her and see if we could have a lesson sometime this week. She answered and said she could meet with us "tonight"! But we had Ward Counsel, and any other day this week was busy for her. Chuta...Ok... Ten minutes later, we got a call saying that Ward Counsel had been cancelled. So what do we do now? Call Jimena back, call Hno. Taiba to see if we can teach in his house, and BOOM! We were able to fill our evening with a worthwhile lesson that resulted in a new baptismal date for Jimena, Daniela, and Valentina. Everything happens for a reason. :) 

Fourth and Fifth: As circumstances would have it, we ended up seeing the 1st counselor of the bishopric every day this week: He invited us to take part in FHE to teach his children how to prepare for their missions, we returned the keys to the church on Tuesday, had a lesson with Jimena and her daughters in his house Wednesday, lunch with his family Thursday, and Friday he was in the church when we had Francisco's baptismal interview there, so I think he was less than amused when we showed up Saturday morning to help clean the chapel. 

Bishop Rodriguez and the rest of the ward counsel have taken to heart the worldwide leadership training. We visited Bishop this Saturday just so Hna. Camargo could say goodbye, but he started talking about our Progress Report and made plans of how he is going to ensure that our investigators have friends in the ward, baptismal clothing when the day comes that Francisco doesn't have to work, and how we're going to involve the new ward missionaries. Sunday in Ward Counsel he was informed and ready to enlist the help of the members. The Relief Society Pres. offered her house for a lesson with Jimena, and the High Priests are assigning a brother to help Guillermo prepare names for baptisms in the temple.
This ward is becoming more and more devoted to missionary work each week!
Members are the key to real growth in the Church. 

Open your doors to the missionaries and their investigators! 
Love,
Hermana Sharp:) 

P.S. Happy July, enjoy the crazy-warm summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment