Hnas. Johansson and Chaves made a rice-crispie cake for my birthday, threw balloons at me, and wrote "Happy Birthday!" on the windows of our apartment. We also had a ward talent show on Friday, and the ward sang the song to me and to the Bishop. I love all the members in my ward:)
We hoped for, prayed for, worked for, and SAW more miracles this week. Daniela, 15 yrs old, announced before our lesson even started that she is no longer going to work on Sundays because she finally decided to be baptized. The young women in our ward have befriended her so well, and she even performed with them in the talent show!
During the New Missionary Training we had on Thursday, I felt the joy promised in D&C 18:15-16 as I celebrated Francisco's baptism with Hna. Camargo (got to see her at the meeting). Then, "while we were yet in the Spirit" (because we had learned about the importance of talking to everyone) we taught 3 lessons on the street as we made our way home. We strive to talk to as many people as we can, and we've seen results. At first, many of the contacted people lived outside of our area, but after the trial of our faith, we've begun to find people who live here. Victor told us we could visit him the very evening we met him, and 3 hours later was impressed that we actually came back. He was absolutely fascinated by the Book of Mormon, and I expect him to be baptized soon. (Unfortunately, he was only here to visit his sister...we passed on the reference, a little disappointed.) Last week a man began talking to us on the street, but he was in a hurry so he said he'd call us. I wasn't expecting him to actually call. But he did! He asked us to come teach him at his work--first time that's ever happened in my mission! We went, and he beleives a lot of the same things we do, but can't accept that Joseph Smith was a prophet. We left him with the BoM, and if he reads and prays about it, I know he'll accept the prophet. Another day, we had planned to visit an old investigator, and I had a feeling he wouldn't be home but that there would be someone in the street we would need to talk to. We went, and found Nelson, right where I thought he might be, and we talked for quite a while about the prophets, the BoM, and he said, "Maybe you'll see me in your church sooner than later.":)
With my added responsibilities as trainer, I feel myself becoming more invested in the work as well. I'm truly happy to serve the Lord with all my might, mind, and strength. Sometimes it's tough, but life outside of the mission is tough, too. Only here, the happy times are happier and I never lose the inner peace that comes from knowing that I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do.
The ward members are willing to help us, we just need to find more people to teach. We're working on asking referrals from everyone. Our first English class resulted in 2 potential investigators, and the ward activity brought 15! Our progressing investigators are few, but we pray daily that the Lord will prepare our new and potential investigators to hear the message.
In Faith,
Hna. Sharp
No comments:
Post a Comment