I am constantly reminded that God is a god of miracles. This week we met or surpassed many of our goals. Daniela was baptized! She's 15 and reminds me of Lexie (my sister). We found 5 new investigators, a major improvement from the last few weeks. Javier, a less-active member, came back to church. And thanks to Hna. Hunter's inspiration we finally contacted all of our referrals--one of which was absolutely golden, as we say in the mision. We are excited to teach him, Diego, in a family home evening setting tonight with the members that live on his street.He's 22, just finishing vet school and was baptized in the 7th Day Adventist church, but has been inactive for many years. He wants to be close to God again, and we were so excited to testify to him that he can through the Book of Mormon.
I love fast Sunday, because the hand of the Lord is made very apparent and our prayers are answered in the best way imaginable.
With Daniela, her mom and sister, we watched President Monson's announcement of the age change for missionaries so that they could know who the prophet is. At the end of the video, I was able to bear my testimony that I know that he is the prophet called of God today. Before, I had faith that I was sent here to Chile by inspiration because special people were waiting for me here. In the moment that I testified, I knew Daniela, Jimena, and Valentina were these special people. I'm, here for a reason, at this time, in this area, and I have no doubt that revelation from God is real.
To practice her language skills, Hna. Hunter has been teaching the lessons to less-active members and recent converts. In fact, Guillermo was reluctant to meet with us after his baptism (I think he felt he knew the doctrine too well to have it repeated. As missionaries we need to teach even after baptism). Finally we asked him to listen to Hna. Hunter practice teaching the lessons, and he was happy to help. So with a bit of sneakiness we are finally reveiwing the lessons.:)
"Life is hard, but living the gospel is easy."
-Hna. Sharp
P.S. Visiting and Home Teaching are extremely important callings. Be sure to fullfill yours this month:) Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment