Monday, June 16, 2014

15 Months


Transfers came and went and... I'm staying in Macul 1st ward with Hna. Urzagaste! We're happy. We've been here together since December, and we've grown to love it. :) 

Good news!!!  A less active family (Nora, Vilma, and Nicole--three generations) came to church for the first time in two years!! The whole ward was abuzz with the desire to greet them. They were the first family I visited here in Macul, in December, and we've been reading the BoM with them and trying to do their family history. This past month they've fallen into a depression of sorts and realized that they needed divine help. Finally Vilma committed to go to church. When she told her family of her decision, they agreed to go, too.

Our investigator, Fabian, is attending church every week but has a hard time stopping smoking and leaving his philosophic ideas behind in order to accept and understand the truths of the gospel. 
Maria, another investigator, is learning and changing every week that we teach her in a member's home, but her husband doesn't let her attend church. Pray that Maria can come to church, please!

It was interesting contacting a referral of the stake president: His wife's hairdresser. We entered her salon and pretended like we wanted to know how much a haircut costs. Luckily, she began asking us about the Church. She wasn't interested in listening to the lessons, but it was a blessing that she allowed herself to be contacted,ha. 

In my studies about desire, good works, and fruits, I learned principles of truth. As I pondered my studies, I came to the conclusion that our desires are most often born when we see an example of something. If I see my companion eat ice cream then I'm going to desire to eat ice cream, too. If investigators see members living a gospel principle then they will desire to live it, too. If we learn that Jesus Christ lived a perfect life, then we will desire to live a perfect life, too. Overall, it's almost impossible to desire something that we've never seen or heard of before. So the examples we see are of utmost importance, because they form our desires which turn into works which earn us the fruit of our labors. 

Also in my studies, I've began to draw pictures that tell the stories of the Bible in order to help me understand and remember better what I read. That's fun.:) I'll take pictures next week. Gotta go! 

Love,
Sister Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment